Laying Low
I'm still living in limbo and I don't like it at all. For the past week, I've been housesitting for my friend while she was away, and now she's back, so I'm no longer housesitting, I'm houseguesting. I don't like being a houseguest for more than 2 or 3 days at most, so this is really a test. I don't think I'm a bad houseguest, I'm just learning that I really like my own space and time to do things and you just can't do that when you're a guest, no matter how much your host insists that everything that is theirs is yours to use, it's still not the same. Not exactly earth shattering discoveries, but I can't wait to move into my own place next week. Of course, I have no furniture and I just found out all my stuff is still sitting in storage in BC somewhere b/c they haven't found a truck going east (really, is that possible? No trucks move eastward?) but I'm still looking forward to my apartment with a rooftop patio and hardwood floors.
Work is still going well. They seem to trust me to do most things on my own and appreciate that I ask questions a lot (b/c really, I don't know what the hell I'm doing half the time). I've been presenting some newscasts which is a little stressful but is getting better each time I do it.
The past week has been a little odd personally though. I went out with friends for St Patrick's Day, which was way more fun than expected. I ended up talking with this woman who just came out as a lesbian last year (new term: 'baby dyke') and at the same time I started snapping my fingers (jazz style) to Led Zeppelin, she laughed and said I would make a terrible lesbian. She refused to explain the connection between my apparent nerdiness and disregard for Zep with lesbianism, so if anyone can enlighten me, I'd be happy to hear it.
And after an entire week of avoiding everyone at work who had this nasty cold, I finally came down with it over the weekend. Fortunately, my friend had 2 seasons of Sex and the City on DVD, so I remained horizontal for the entire weekend with nothing but a remote control and tissues to comfort me.
And for your instant movie review of the week, I just saw Hostage with Bruce Willis. It wasn't bad. It has some pretty cheezy moments to it and they ripped off The Crow in a lot of different shots but it didn't suck as bad as could've (hello Tears of the Sun). But this is not Die Hard; Willis doesn't really shoot off his mouth. There's definitely more emoting. Maybe too much, by the end.
But sadly, it was still better than Sean Penn in The Assassination of Richard Nixon.
Work is still going well. They seem to trust me to do most things on my own and appreciate that I ask questions a lot (b/c really, I don't know what the hell I'm doing half the time). I've been presenting some newscasts which is a little stressful but is getting better each time I do it.
The past week has been a little odd personally though. I went out with friends for St Patrick's Day, which was way more fun than expected. I ended up talking with this woman who just came out as a lesbian last year (new term: 'baby dyke') and at the same time I started snapping my fingers (jazz style) to Led Zeppelin, she laughed and said I would make a terrible lesbian. She refused to explain the connection between my apparent nerdiness and disregard for Zep with lesbianism, so if anyone can enlighten me, I'd be happy to hear it.
And after an entire week of avoiding everyone at work who had this nasty cold, I finally came down with it over the weekend. Fortunately, my friend had 2 seasons of Sex and the City on DVD, so I remained horizontal for the entire weekend with nothing but a remote control and tissues to comfort me.
And for your instant movie review of the week, I just saw Hostage with Bruce Willis. It wasn't bad. It has some pretty cheezy moments to it and they ripped off The Crow in a lot of different shots but it didn't suck as bad as could've (hello Tears of the Sun). But this is not Die Hard; Willis doesn't really shoot off his mouth. There's definitely more emoting. Maybe too much, by the end.
But sadly, it was still better than Sean Penn in The Assassination of Richard Nixon.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home