Falling Down Seven Times

Inconsistently writing about my life in particular since 2002.

Friday, March 11, 2005

In Toon Town

I made it to Saskatoon, where it's wintry and cold and windy. We're not in BC anymore, Toto. But first things first, I had a great time in Calgary. Sushi for supper the first thing on Friday. Oh, sweet sushi. How I missed thee. The next day, it was a shopping trip to giant IKEA store. Almost got a headache from all the stuff there. Saw the coolest bed EVER. It was round! How awesome is that? All beds should be round. Screw rectangles, man.
But then I thought...where would I buy round sheets? From IKEA of course. But like many things in that little corner of Sweden (weird, I just flashed back to this Swedish guy named Andy I travelled with in Nepal. He was very cute and it was way before I knew what IKEA was)...where was I...oh yah, IKEA discontinues things, so I'd probably end up with a round bed with no sheets b/c they don't see them anymore and I'd go to Linens 'n Things and they'd look at me like I was dumb for asking for round sheets.
Anyways, I bought a wooden storage box with a cushion on it. So, I may not have a place to live or sleep, but I have a box.
Later, made a beeline for the Ship. Sat on the patio, drank beer, saw lots of old friends. That night, it was theatre time. Caught up with even more friends after we saw the FUNNIEST one act play about Martha Stewart.
Um, more later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home