Falling Down Seven Times

Inconsistently writing about my life in particular since 2002.

Thursday, December 30, 2004

Skimming through life

Hey, I just figured out why blogger wasn't letting me post stuff. OK, I didn't really figure it out, I just found a way around it.
Since my last post, a lot has changed. The Riders didn't win the Grey Cup. The friend that I spend my birthday with turned out to be not such a friend (read BIG FAT JERK). It snowed. Lots. I went on vacation to Vancouver. I got a new car. I spent Xmas working and watching CNN/Newsworld all day, hoping I didn't know anyone in Phuket.
But first things first....Happy New Year. Here's hoping that 2005 is filled with as much hope and good vibes as possible. We all need it.
My early December trip to Vancouver was a ton of fun. I was there to meet up with my Aussie friend David, who I met 5 years ago in Egypt. It was great to see him again after all of these years. We hung out in Vancouver, ate sushi, window shopped, watched a good movie. Then went to Whistler to see my brother and some mountains. And brave David actually came back to Trail with me to see how the interior of BC looked. He even shovelled snow (while I was away working). Now, it's my turn to visit him in Adelaide sometime in the next 5 years.
And the 1991 Pontiac Bonneville has finally gone to that garage in the sky. Since it couldn't pass inspection in BC, Dad found a great deal on a 1997 Saturn....in Regina. So he drove the Saturn out here and drove the Bonneville back to SK and promptly got rid of it. I'm officially spoiled. The man drove 16 hours each way and I get a new car. Pretty sweet. I'll be thankful for that for awhile.
Since then, I've been doing nothing but working. I just got off a 9 day stint and now I have 7 days off. I spent today doing very little. Just shovelled snow for a couple of hours and drank tea. Tomorrow, I'm heading out to Windermere to visit Jenn and her family there. Oh yah, and to party on New Year's Eve.
Here's to everyone on New Year's...have a good one.
And see you in 2005.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home