Falling Down Seven Times

Inconsistently writing about my life in particular since 2002.

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

deja vu all over again

Week 2 of life in radio is going along great. Except for some technical difficulties. My MD recorder just crapped out on me last week. No reason. Just didn't like me anymore. Of course, I bought it in Asia, so now Sharp Canada is giving me the runaround on warranty. It's not like I bought it off the street or something. I knew I should've invested in an iPod. Dammit.
And then last night, the tape recorder from work died (with 'new' batteries in it) while I was interviewing the mayor. Doesn't bode well for those live feeds.
Hey, did you know that I live in the Home of Champions? Yes, apparently Trail has a rep of making people really good at something so they can move away and be better at it. Baseball's rookie of the year is from Trail. So are some other people from sports. Don't pay attention much.
Had a great weekend. My friend from GF came to visit and we went to Nelson for Mexican food, then on to Ainsworth Hot Springs, stopped at the Dam Inn for a beer, and then back to Trail. It was a pretty great birthday overall, especially the chocolate espresso cake.
I'm now in the midst of a major ID change. I'm going ahead and changing my driver's license and health card to BC (they have premiums here dammit!) but not before the Western final between the Riders and Lions this weekend. I'm also changing my phone to Telus b/c Rogers has no reception in this part of the world, and I'm getting internet from Shaw so I can chat with friends online once again.
And once I get this car things sorted out, I'll be handing in my SK plates. Again, not before the Riders beat the Lions and go on to win the Grey Cup.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home