Falling Down Seven Times

Inconsistently writing about my life in particular since 2002.

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

The Olympics saved me! I had a column to write and the only thing of interest going on was the end of the Olympics. Managed to throw out 600 words about how there's an Olympian in all of us or some Pablum like that and I was free to work on other stories, like how the skateboard park is STILL under construction and skating on wet cement isn't cool.
This is going to be an interesting week. My coworker quit and her last day is on Friday. You'd think that my editor, as a management type person, would want to chat about what expectations are now that I'm the only reporter here until they find some other sucker to hire. No, not him. I asked him if there's anything he'd like to say to me re: the coming issue and all he said was, "We'll just have to do what we can."
Oooooh, that's helpful.
And in asking him if I was to cover the big baseball tourney this weekend, I got a definitive, "Well, if you want to..." When I told him that my parents are in town and I'm really trying to juggle a few things so I'd like a bit more direction than "If you want to" to which he replied, "well, I don't know."
I'm feeling completely disloyal at this point. I don't really care if the paper goes down in flames b/c I can't produce 20 stories each week. And I don't really care if they fire me if I don't go to this ball tournament. So sad.
In other news, it's raining here again. Summer's officially over and it's time to pack up the sleeveless tops and short skirts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home