Falling Down Seven Times

Inconsistently writing about my life in particular since 2002.

Tuesday, August 03, 2004

I think the sun has permanently fried my brain. Sitting outside during 36+ degree heat and not drinking 47 litres of water must have the same effect as electroshock therapy or frontal lobotomies or Prozac. Can you imagine if that were possible? Instead of putting people through all of that, you would just send them to the beach on a really hot day for, say, 5 days in a row. Afterwards, they're calmer, more relaxed people.
That's one explanation for my zen-like behaviour this morning. I had yet another technological challenge day today. Smart me decides to do most of my work on my laptop, at home, where it's cool and close to food and drink. Then, thinking that since everywhere else I've been able to do this, I'd just bring in my computer to work, plug it into the internet and send my articles over. No problem.
Well, the internet didn't work. After an hour of trying to figure out why it won't work, I decide to go home and burn a CD of my work (my burner is at home, not built into my computer). I come back and my computer rejects the CD, saying it can't read it. I'm starting to think I might have to re-type all of my work. I finally get the CD to work on someone else's computer and all is well. That's 2.5 hours gone on production day.
But did I lose it? Nope. I was totally calm. I couldn't believe it. Maybe it's because I just don't give a crap about this job anymore. Maybe it's because other parts of my life are making me happy right now.
Or maybe it's the sun frying my brain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home