Falling Down Seven Times

Inconsistently writing about my life in particular since 2002.

Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Any day now, the rain shall stop and I will take advantage of all the lakes and rivers
around here. But until then, I'll sit it out.
The weekend was interesting and work-filled. It rained all day on Saturday and on Sunday,
I spent most of the day taking photos of three different events. A horse show, BMX races
and the DDay memorial. During the BMX races, I realized that something was wrong with the
film in my camera. I didn't find out until Monday that the film came back blank. Oops. All
of the pics of the horse show and 90% of the BMX races were gone.
Yesterday, I had to cover the Midway Village Council meeting. Midway is a town of 350 about
45 min from GF. Knowing that Game 7 was starting at 5pm, I raced out of work, drove down
the highway and found the one public place in Midway that had a TV. The Hot 'L'.
Apparently, it used to be called the Hotel, but the 'E' burned out sometime ago.
The 3rd period began and I had to run to the meeting. In a room off the firehall, I sat
for two hours, listening to everyone chatting about village council stuff. I sat, looking
for a story, any story, in the mass of chatter going on in that room. And then I left, with
no story.
But I left with the realization that I'll never get those two hours of my life back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home