Falling Down Seven Times

Inconsistently writing about my life in particular since 2002.

Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Go Rockets Go Flames Go!
Lots of hockey watching going on lately. It's tough when it's so gorgeous outside and
there's so much to do. But if the Flames win, it'll be something to remember.
Had a great weekend in Kelowna. In fact, I just got home after driving the windiest road on
the planet. But no traffic. Just me and the deer.
On Saturday, Colin and I had planned to meet up in Penticton and go climbing for the day.
But, weather interfered and rain cancelled our plans. I ended up driving to Kelowna that day
and climbing inside at a gym. Still fun, despite the fact that I sucked. Oh well.
Sunday I met up with Lynn and Greg and we zoomed over to the hockey game. It was the final
of the Memorial Cup, with Kelowna and Gatineau playing. There was about 6500 people in the
arena watching (Greg and his friend had tickets) and there was about 1700 people outside, in
a beer tent. There were TVs everywhere and a live band and over-priced drinks. It was great.
Lynn had passes to the VIP area, with our own TV and bubble hockey and a couple free drinks.
Kelowna won the game, 2-1 and the place went insane. People were crying, cheering, yelling.
It was loud, in a word.
We stayed there for awhile, drinking it all in and then booted off to a BBQ.
Mountain biking was on the schedule for today, as were heading up to Vernon to meet up with
Silping at her new house. Their house backs onto a provincial park and you bike from their
backyard right into the park. Lynn and Greg were trying out their new full-suspension bikes
and Sil was busy freaking me out about rattlesnakes. Yup, there's snakes in them hills. I
didn't want to know about snakes. Just like I don't want to know about cougars. Bears, I
can handle thinking about.
Time for Week Two at the GF Gazette...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home