Falling Down Seven Times

Inconsistently writing about my life in particular since 2002.

Saturday, March 06, 2004

Sweet. A whole month of not writing and what is it that prompts me to write? Commercials.
I am now the shamed owner of a TV. I convinced myself that I needed a TV b/c I'm studying the medium. I was going to spend my time studying W5, 60 Minutes, Dateline, The Passionate Eye, The National....Instead, I keep pausing the dial on CityTV and watching MovieTV, or Oprah or staying up really, really late watching talk shows. And commercials.
Commercials I Love: that Swiffer ad with all of the actors that have portrayed maids/butlers in TV shows. I'm the only person I know who remembers Benson. I also like any Starsky & Hutch movie ad.
Commercials I Hate: The Danone Yogourt ad where they use the Flashdance theme 'What a Feeling'. The words are rewritten and it's just awful. I also really hate those Dana Carvey ads for potato chips.
That's my rant for now.
Minor update: I'm still in school and I haven't lost my mind completely, I don't think. I still don't have a job for the summer, fall or winter. But I'm not too worried. At least, my level of worry is manageable and appropriate. Let's put it that way. School is stressful but busy. I seem to have developed a VERY mild case of workaholism, which has actually paid off. I'm getting projects done ahead of time and just managing time better.
Here's to writing in this blog more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home