Crap, I'm back in London already. And now I have to remember all of the exciting things I did in the past 10 days that are noteworthy.
I did go to Chatuchak market and found what I was looking for; souvenirs. I managed to get there just as it was opening and leave in time to miss the massive crowds. I raced back home to work on the Red Cross stuff that was due for Tuesday. Of course, that didn't stop me from watching tennis. I still don't understand my obsession with tennis since I don't even play the sport. But that doesn't stop me from watching 3.5 hours of Safin v. Agassi and I have a deadline. Stoopid, really.
My last week in Bangkok was filled with shopping, eating and hanging out with friends. We decided to have 2 different going away parties for me this week. The fancy one was held at Bed, a restaurant that looks from a spaceship from the outside and you actually sit on beds and eat there. The entire place is white (don't ask me how they kept the sheets and cushions so clean) and the only source of colour is the weird lighting. So, you sit and lounge on these beds while they keep bringing you drinks and food. After a few drinks (and getting frozen out by the aircon), everyone eventually starts cuddling to keep warm. It was hilarious. I was supposed to meet some other people at the Bed nightclub (an attached bar) for a DJ night, but the amazing food and drink made me super sleepy.
Could've been the beds and cushions.
My next going away party was at a street corner noodle stand, where we brushed the cockroaches off our feet (and shoulders) as we ordered more Chang beer. When there was no more Chang, the owner jumped on his motorbike to run and get us some more. We had just played the first night of the BKK ultimate league and everyone was sweaty, smelly and perfect. It was a great last night in Bangkok.
Next: adjusting to London and new beginnings
I did go to Chatuchak market and found what I was looking for; souvenirs. I managed to get there just as it was opening and leave in time to miss the massive crowds. I raced back home to work on the Red Cross stuff that was due for Tuesday. Of course, that didn't stop me from watching tennis. I still don't understand my obsession with tennis since I don't even play the sport. But that doesn't stop me from watching 3.5 hours of Safin v. Agassi and I have a deadline. Stoopid, really.
My last week in Bangkok was filled with shopping, eating and hanging out with friends. We decided to have 2 different going away parties for me this week. The fancy one was held at Bed, a restaurant that looks from a spaceship from the outside and you actually sit on beds and eat there. The entire place is white (don't ask me how they kept the sheets and cushions so clean) and the only source of colour is the weird lighting. So, you sit and lounge on these beds while they keep bringing you drinks and food. After a few drinks (and getting frozen out by the aircon), everyone eventually starts cuddling to keep warm. It was hilarious. I was supposed to meet some other people at the Bed nightclub (an attached bar) for a DJ night, but the amazing food and drink made me super sleepy.
Could've been the beds and cushions.
My next going away party was at a street corner noodle stand, where we brushed the cockroaches off our feet (and shoulders) as we ordered more Chang beer. When there was no more Chang, the owner jumped on his motorbike to run and get us some more. We had just played the first night of the BKK ultimate league and everyone was sweaty, smelly and perfect. It was a great last night in Bangkok.
Next: adjusting to London and new beginnings


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home