Just getting ready to head home for the big ulti Xmas party. Should be a good time. But first, a word, as promised, about my living conditions.
I arrive late on Friday night on Soi Ruam Rudi, a major 2 lane road off Ploenchit Road (home of the Skytrain line and multiple Gucci shops). I was looking for an apartment building but the directions Stacy gave me were for a 3 storey house. The numbers matched up and I knew I had to be in the right place when a blonde girl opened the door. It was 2am and I was tired but I knew that this house wasn't a typical Thai house. It was maybe a typical embassy expat Thai house. There are wooden and marble floors. The top floor is Stacy's bedroom with master bath. Next to it is the other bathroom, with a shower. The other room is her closet/dressing room. Then there's a small office. That's just the top floor. One floor down is the TV/entertainment room, a bathroom and 2 bedrooms. One of them is my room. The main floor houses the living room, dining room and kitchen. Off the kitchen is an open laundry room/sunny area for plants. Lastly, the basement is nothing but an unfurnished space...except for some pictures laying against the walls.
Stacy seems to have amazing taste and a wonderful budget so every room is immaculately decorated with furniture she collected all over Asia. She lived in Manila for 5 years previous to moving to Bangkok and I think she spent a lot of time shopping for furniture. It's all amazing though and I'm super lucky to be staying there.
Every room has AC (v. important) and I have a hot shower available too. It's great. And the best part is Riam. She's the maid. She cleans everything up and Stacy said that she'll go grocery shopping for me as well. I just have to give her money and tell her what I need. And she gets awesome prices for everything, apparently.
I'll be taking pictures of everything soon enough so everyone can see what I'm talkin'bout.
Next: How Suzanne fared at her first briefing on Monday.
I arrive late on Friday night on Soi Ruam Rudi, a major 2 lane road off Ploenchit Road (home of the Skytrain line and multiple Gucci shops). I was looking for an apartment building but the directions Stacy gave me were for a 3 storey house. The numbers matched up and I knew I had to be in the right place when a blonde girl opened the door. It was 2am and I was tired but I knew that this house wasn't a typical Thai house. It was maybe a typical embassy expat Thai house. There are wooden and marble floors. The top floor is Stacy's bedroom with master bath. Next to it is the other bathroom, with a shower. The other room is her closet/dressing room. Then there's a small office. That's just the top floor. One floor down is the TV/entertainment room, a bathroom and 2 bedrooms. One of them is my room. The main floor houses the living room, dining room and kitchen. Off the kitchen is an open laundry room/sunny area for plants. Lastly, the basement is nothing but an unfurnished space...except for some pictures laying against the walls.
Stacy seems to have amazing taste and a wonderful budget so every room is immaculately decorated with furniture she collected all over Asia. She lived in Manila for 5 years previous to moving to Bangkok and I think she spent a lot of time shopping for furniture. It's all amazing though and I'm super lucky to be staying there.
Every room has AC (v. important) and I have a hot shower available too. It's great. And the best part is Riam. She's the maid. She cleans everything up and Stacy said that she'll go grocery shopping for me as well. I just have to give her money and tell her what I need. And she gets awesome prices for everything, apparently.
I'll be taking pictures of everything soon enough so everyone can see what I'm talkin'bout.
Next: How Suzanne fared at her first briefing on Monday.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home