Falling Down Seven Times

Inconsistently writing about my life in particular since 2002.

Saturday, December 06, 2003

Time's ticking and I'm not sure where all that time went. The last 2 weeks have been a wee taste of hell, with assignments, projects, papers and presentations all due at the same time. OF COURSE, I could've started things earlier but then where would the fun be?
I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have a sinking feeling it's a train. I have one more presentation, a story, and a report due and then I'm done. But there's no time for any relaxing moments. I leave for Thailand on Wednesday; early Wednesday. Like leaving London at 7am early.
I'm a bit freaked out by the prospect of being in Thailand next week. I've been desperately reading the Bangkok Post and other sources so I can feel somewhat prepared when I get there. But of course, you're never really prepared. Since I've learned how difficult it is to find stories in a place that is not your home, I'm nervous about Bangkok. It feels like I'm parachuting in and trying to come up with fabulous things as soon as I land. I know I'm going to have the chance to ease into things, but 6 weeks is such a short time!
I know; I'm overanalyzing things again and I know that everything's going to be fine. I'll sort myself out, get in the swing of things, have a wonderful time and do a great job. I just have to get there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home