Falling Down Seven Times

Inconsistently writing about my life in particular since 2002.

Tuesday, October 28, 2003

What a weekend! Exhausting and full of procrastinatory goodness.
And no, I don't know if that's a word or not.
The Western Outdoor Club had an outdoor movie night on Friday night so I packed up my thermarest and sleeping bag and watched Baraka. I highly recommend it but not on Friday night when you're sleepy. The new age music lulled me to sleep like you wouldn't believe.
Saturday was full of work. One of my final assignments is to develop a webpage (html, photos, links, etc) on a certain topic, so my group is doing homelessness in London. Tough stories to do, but should be interesting.
The most interesting part of the day was trying to get a conference call going in the radio studio so our classmate in Ottawa could discuss with us. Think of 3 people yelling into microphones, "Hey, are you there? How bout now? Can you hear us now?"
Sunday was a massive procrastination day. I had a 6-10 page Ethics (DAMN ETHICS!) paper due and I really didn't want to do it. It was on whether or not Al Jazeera should get permission to be in Canada. Interesting topic; too bad our instructor is insane and no one in class has any respect for her. She's INSANE! Our ulti games were cancelled b/c the precious, precious fields were too wet.
We played a fun game anyway.
2 hours killed.
Still woulda been playing so going for lunch and beers is OK
1 hour killed
Go home shower and go back to school
1 hour gone
Chat with some people at school.
15 minutes (seriously)
Sit down and do some work.
1 hour gone
Work meaning Messenger with people.
3 hours
Hey, I'm hungry and Futurama is on the pub downstairs
1 hour gone
Messenger is way more fun than work
Hours...
3:30am - Suzanne leaves school, sleeping by 4am.
Campus is really creepy at 3:30am. Very misty and with all of these Oxford buildings around, seems like the perfect setting for a crime. But I digress.
6 pages of paper and Ethics is over.

Oh, my friend Becky and I were training for a 10K run that we were supposed to do on Sunday. We never did it b/c we both got too busy to train, but now we're planning on doing one in December before I leave. Wish us luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home