I see this blog "thing" as a left turn, a sign at the crossroads. I'm leaving something behind and starting on something new. But here's the deal. I'm starting to feel guilty. Guilt, the cross a lot of us bear, is starting to weigh me down every time I look at the stack of paper journals, notebooks and daytimers I've kept over the years. I've kept every calendar and journal I've used as a way of reminding me, when I get just little bit older, of what the hell I spent all my time on because by that point, guaranteed, I'll be wondering where it all went.
Back to the guilt: With this new-fangled electronic journal of thoughts and whims, will I not have time for my old-fashioned paper and pen? Will I already be tired of spilling my guts by the time I open a new page?
I feel for my journals. I think I'm going to miss them. I wonder if they'll miss me.
There is one small consolation, a small light of hope and that is I don't have a computer at home or even one I can take with me to the coffee shop. So, if I have something to write and something to say, I am NOT going to run back to work, get online and write it down. Hell no! I'm going to use my paper and my pen. My big, fat Dr. Grip that doesn't run thru the thin pages.
There, I feel better.
Back to the guilt: With this new-fangled electronic journal of thoughts and whims, will I not have time for my old-fashioned paper and pen? Will I already be tired of spilling my guts by the time I open a new page?
I feel for my journals. I think I'm going to miss them. I wonder if they'll miss me.
There is one small consolation, a small light of hope and that is I don't have a computer at home or even one I can take with me to the coffee shop. So, if I have something to write and something to say, I am NOT going to run back to work, get online and write it down. Hell no! I'm going to use my paper and my pen. My big, fat Dr. Grip that doesn't run thru the thin pages.
There, I feel better.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home