Falling Down Seven Times

Inconsistently writing about my life in particular since 2002.

Monday, October 20, 2003

Hi all,
I just realized that all of the things I'd written when I first got to London cannot be cut and pasted into the blog. Frustrating because it's brilliant. This also means that all of my stellar work that I was going to expose y'all to isn't going to show up here because there's no way I'm going to retype all of that!
I wanted to start writing this blog again because I've been a massively shite emailer for the past few weeks. Yup, I have about 45 emails in my Hotmail that I have yet to answer, so you're not alone. I'm ignoring everyone. Honestly, I just haven't had the time. We came back to school at the beginning of September and it's been go-time since then.
This semester we have to take some required courses like Ethics (our instructor is so bad we're pre-writing our evaluations), Law (as long as it keeps us from getting sued), New Media (our class has a blog on which we discuss class material) and Media Organizations (cool class about management). And these don't even make up the heaviest workload. We also do a rotation between radio, TV, and print.
I've finished TV and I did fairly well. We produced, edited and shot features and produced a couple of live, half hour newscasts. It was pretty fun despite working with some people who decided that hissy fits were the most effective way to express their opinions. I really got into the digital editing world and I'm looking forward to getting some of my wee home movies done on the big, cool digital set up we have at school.
I'm in Radio now and I'm trying to figure out how to write a radio feature. I'm done my interviews but now I just have to string it together so it sounds like a story. There are so many different kinds of writing going on in my brain these days, it's hard to try and shake something out that sits together well.
I'm also tutoring a kid in ESL 4 hours/ week. I know; I promised I'd never do it but the money is sweet and it's only 4 hours.
Ultimate is still taking up a couple of hours each week but I did say NO to a tournament recently. Of course, it was the Oktoberfest one, so I'm sure it was a blast (dammit!)
I spent Thanksgiving weekend canoeing through part of Algonquin Park. If you want to see some pics, check them out at http://groups.msn.com/PockyPrincess
I think I'm pretty much updated for the time being. Keep checking this space for more posting. Now that I'm up to speed, I'll be writing in this much more now.
Love and miss all of you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home