I love Australians.
Most of you already recognize my affinity for the Aussies but today, I have a new reason. And it has nothing to do with Tim Tams.
Bush stopped by the Australian Parliament yesterday to thank John Howard for sending troops to Iraq.
Thousands of protestors greeted him outside.
Two Green Party Senators started heckling Bush in the middle of his speech, and demanded that the US release 2 Australians held in Guatanamo Bay. They were ordered removed and are not allowed into Parliament for 24 hours.
Bush responded to the hecklers by saying, "I love free speech."
This is why I love Australians. They have the guts to stand up and say something.
And then there's Jean Chretien.
Instead of telling the PM of Malaysia that his anti-Semitic comments are completely inappropriate, he shakes his hand politely at the APEC summit in Bangkok this week.
Or what about US General Boykin, who says that Muslims worship an idol and not a real god.
Who said anything about that?
Maybe Jean should stop in Canberra to learn how to speak up.
Most of you already recognize my affinity for the Aussies but today, I have a new reason. And it has nothing to do with Tim Tams.
Bush stopped by the Australian Parliament yesterday to thank John Howard for sending troops to Iraq.
Thousands of protestors greeted him outside.
Two Green Party Senators started heckling Bush in the middle of his speech, and demanded that the US release 2 Australians held in Guatanamo Bay. They were ordered removed and are not allowed into Parliament for 24 hours.
Bush responded to the hecklers by saying, "I love free speech."
This is why I love Australians. They have the guts to stand up and say something.
And then there's Jean Chretien.
Instead of telling the PM of Malaysia that his anti-Semitic comments are completely inappropriate, he shakes his hand politely at the APEC summit in Bangkok this week.
Or what about US General Boykin, who says that Muslims worship an idol and not a real god.
Who said anything about that?
Maybe Jean should stop in Canberra to learn how to speak up.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home