OK, you guys missed a helluva time on Friday night. I ushered in my 30's like a trooper. But hey, 30 is the new 20, so it's all good.
My birthday started out with a bang. Thursday night, I said goodbye to my 20's by hanging out in a park and throwing the disc in the dark. It was an absolutely perfect night. Totally chill and fun.
The next morning I was a wee bit late for class and the door was locked. I had to experience the embarassment of having my prof open the door for me...but it was all planned b/c as soon as he opened the door, everyone started singing Happy Birthday! Awesome! And my friend Lindy made cupcakes for everyone (white w/ choco icing!)
After pretending to pay attention in class, a few girls and I went for lunch at a very downtown, 30-ish place, Robinson Hall. Very civilized and completely out of character for me. Civilized is for the afternoon; debauchery is for the evening.
Drinks began at 8pm at Clarisse's. Since I had encouraged everyone to dress sluttily, I went out and bought my idea of a 'trashy' top. Apparently, my idea of trashy is everyone else's idea of 'office wear' so I was dispatched to Clarisse's closet to find something more fitting. A black, low-cut, backless top was my uniform for the night.
Doubly choco cake was served and these amazing people, who have become more than classmates, all went in on a gift and bought me a gift certificate for a spa! Amazing! It was unexpected and completely blew me away. I think I might do something like an algae wrap or something!
And it was off to the Phoenix for some dancing. We had to get there early so we could stake out our territory (and drink enough for the courage to kick in). It was everything I had hoped for. 2 cages suspended above the dancefloor, speakers on the main floor, and corona and tequila on special. And then the 21 yr olds starting filing in.
This is the night as I remember it...and strangely enough, I remember a lot of it.
The music was cheezy but good in a dance music sort of way. My friend and I went up to an upper balcony and started dancing there, but I was all over the place. All of my journo friends were wandering around drinking and having fun. A few of my ultimate buddies showed as well and they partied as hard as I did.
Performance Art was my buzzword for the night. It was all about the show.
Some Numbers:
2 - times I danced in the cage. Word on the street was that I owned that cage. Now I want one of my very own.
4 - tequila shots, I think
6 - Corona beers, again, I think
21 - age of the boy I snogged on the speakers
2 - number of boys I snogged in the entire night
And yes, the entire evening added up to something priceless. Can't wait for 21...I mean, 31!
Check out www.clubphoenixlondon.com and click on Phoenix TV and find Nov 7. There's a video of the night. I haven't looked yet, but I'm sure I'm on it somewhere.
The rest of the weekend went down a notch (how could it not...). I played really terribly at ulti on Sunday and then the Riders lost! Boooo...the refs were bought!
Off to Tobermory this wknd. Can't wait to hang out up there again! Will post pics when I get them.
Suz
My birthday started out with a bang. Thursday night, I said goodbye to my 20's by hanging out in a park and throwing the disc in the dark. It was an absolutely perfect night. Totally chill and fun.
The next morning I was a wee bit late for class and the door was locked. I had to experience the embarassment of having my prof open the door for me...but it was all planned b/c as soon as he opened the door, everyone started singing Happy Birthday! Awesome! And my friend Lindy made cupcakes for everyone (white w/ choco icing!)
After pretending to pay attention in class, a few girls and I went for lunch at a very downtown, 30-ish place, Robinson Hall. Very civilized and completely out of character for me. Civilized is for the afternoon; debauchery is for the evening.
Drinks began at 8pm at Clarisse's. Since I had encouraged everyone to dress sluttily, I went out and bought my idea of a 'trashy' top. Apparently, my idea of trashy is everyone else's idea of 'office wear' so I was dispatched to Clarisse's closet to find something more fitting. A black, low-cut, backless top was my uniform for the night.
Doubly choco cake was served and these amazing people, who have become more than classmates, all went in on a gift and bought me a gift certificate for a spa! Amazing! It was unexpected and completely blew me away. I think I might do something like an algae wrap or something!
And it was off to the Phoenix for some dancing. We had to get there early so we could stake out our territory (and drink enough for the courage to kick in). It was everything I had hoped for. 2 cages suspended above the dancefloor, speakers on the main floor, and corona and tequila on special. And then the 21 yr olds starting filing in.
This is the night as I remember it...and strangely enough, I remember a lot of it.
The music was cheezy but good in a dance music sort of way. My friend and I went up to an upper balcony and started dancing there, but I was all over the place. All of my journo friends were wandering around drinking and having fun. A few of my ultimate buddies showed as well and they partied as hard as I did.
Performance Art was my buzzword for the night. It was all about the show.
Some Numbers:
2 - times I danced in the cage. Word on the street was that I owned that cage. Now I want one of my very own.
4 - tequila shots, I think
6 - Corona beers, again, I think
21 - age of the boy I snogged on the speakers
2 - number of boys I snogged in the entire night
And yes, the entire evening added up to something priceless. Can't wait for 21...I mean, 31!
Check out www.clubphoenixlondon.com and click on Phoenix TV and find Nov 7. There's a video of the night. I haven't looked yet, but I'm sure I'm on it somewhere.
The rest of the weekend went down a notch (how could it not...). I played really terribly at ulti on Sunday and then the Riders lost! Boooo...the refs were bought!
Off to Tobermory this wknd. Can't wait to hang out up there again! Will post pics when I get them.
Suz


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home