May 12-15 - Regina to Grand Forks
I packed up the car quickly and decided to drive through Lethbridge, rather than Calgary. I stayed in Cranbrook the other night and watched the Flames at a Boston Pizza outlet.
I arrived in Grand Forks yesterday and immediately headed to the Gazette to introduce myself. I've been apartment hunting for the past 2 days and haven't found anything PERFECT yet. But I'm seeing a place tomorrow. What I really have to do is figure out what I can afford and how long I'm going to stay here. That's boring stuff and there's no need to write about it here.
First Impressions: Grand Forks is an awesome little town. It's nestled right in the mountains and there's tons of biking and hiking to do around here. Not to mention water. There's Christina Lake and the rivers. Fantastic stuff.
Everyone is friendly here, so far, and the town is small enough that they knew that I was not from around here when I went to get some food at the grocery store. Yup, they knew just by looking at me.
I went to my first assignment last night. I took pictures of the high school play, Broadway Moon. And today, I went to Greenwood with the other reporter, Shella, to cover the new credit union opening.
So far, my opinion is switching between "Ohmigod, what have I done!" to "Wow, cool place. Good choice."
We'll see.
I packed up the car quickly and decided to drive through Lethbridge, rather than Calgary. I stayed in Cranbrook the other night and watched the Flames at a Boston Pizza outlet.
I arrived in Grand Forks yesterday and immediately headed to the Gazette to introduce myself. I've been apartment hunting for the past 2 days and haven't found anything PERFECT yet. But I'm seeing a place tomorrow. What I really have to do is figure out what I can afford and how long I'm going to stay here. That's boring stuff and there's no need to write about it here.
First Impressions: Grand Forks is an awesome little town. It's nestled right in the mountains and there's tons of biking and hiking to do around here. Not to mention water. There's Christina Lake and the rivers. Fantastic stuff.
Everyone is friendly here, so far, and the town is small enough that they knew that I was not from around here when I went to get some food at the grocery store. Yup, they knew just by looking at me.
I went to my first assignment last night. I took pictures of the high school play, Broadway Moon. And today, I went to Greenwood with the other reporter, Shella, to cover the new credit union opening.
So far, my opinion is switching between "Ohmigod, what have I done!" to "Wow, cool place. Good choice."
We'll see.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home