Blog blog blog. I manage to completely forget about this thing whenever I actually have news to tell.
The past few weeks have been nuts! School, job searching, etc.
First of all: The TV piece is all but finished. Just a few audio tweeks and it's all over. That means I have one more presentation to go and then it's all over and I walk out of here with my degree. Woo hoo!
Other big news: I won a spot to attend a military journalism course in Calgary for 10 days. That means I get to see everyone back in Cowtown, go to the last Theatre Junction show, and have a few Mutiny beers at the Ship. All for free!! Free food, free accommodation, free flights. All good.
Immediately after that, I take off to Grand Forks, BC to start my job as a reporter at the Grand Forks Gazette. Yup, I'm going to live in the land of sunshine and borscht. Large Dukoubhor population apparently. I'll be a full time journalist at a weekly paper, covering such things as city council meetings, sports teams and local IGA openings.
If you don't know where Grand Forks is, here's an idea of its location. 2 hrs SE of Kelowna, 1.5 hours W of Nelson, 1.5 hours E of Penticton and 8 hrs W of Calgary.
Or you could just look at it on Mapquest.
Other than being obsessed with my future and getting schoolwork done, I've done very little else. The weather hasn't been nice enough (for my standards) to play ultimate or do much of anything else outside.
On a weather note, Grand Forks is using their air conditioners...right now.
In London, it's snowing.
I think I'm moving up in the world.
My itinerary for the next two weeks: go to Newmarket to have Easter dinner with my cousins on Sunday, LAST AND FINAL assignment due on Monday, classes officially end on Friday, leave London on April 20th, spend a day or so with Jay and Bill in Winnipeg on Apr 23/24, drive to Regina, repack, fly to Calgary, fly back to Regina, drive to Grand Forks, start my job on May 17th.
Wow. I'm not sure how I'm going to do it all, but forgive me if I don't reply to emails ASAP!
The past few weeks have been nuts! School, job searching, etc.
First of all: The TV piece is all but finished. Just a few audio tweeks and it's all over. That means I have one more presentation to go and then it's all over and I walk out of here with my degree. Woo hoo!
Other big news: I won a spot to attend a military journalism course in Calgary for 10 days. That means I get to see everyone back in Cowtown, go to the last Theatre Junction show, and have a few Mutiny beers at the Ship. All for free!! Free food, free accommodation, free flights. All good.
Immediately after that, I take off to Grand Forks, BC to start my job as a reporter at the Grand Forks Gazette. Yup, I'm going to live in the land of sunshine and borscht. Large Dukoubhor population apparently. I'll be a full time journalist at a weekly paper, covering such things as city council meetings, sports teams and local IGA openings.
If you don't know where Grand Forks is, here's an idea of its location. 2 hrs SE of Kelowna, 1.5 hours W of Nelson, 1.5 hours E of Penticton and 8 hrs W of Calgary.
Or you could just look at it on Mapquest.
Other than being obsessed with my future and getting schoolwork done, I've done very little else. The weather hasn't been nice enough (for my standards) to play ultimate or do much of anything else outside.
On a weather note, Grand Forks is using their air conditioners...right now.
In London, it's snowing.
I think I'm moving up in the world.
My itinerary for the next two weeks: go to Newmarket to have Easter dinner with my cousins on Sunday, LAST AND FINAL assignment due on Monday, classes officially end on Friday, leave London on April 20th, spend a day or so with Jay and Bill in Winnipeg on Apr 23/24, drive to Regina, repack, fly to Calgary, fly back to Regina, drive to Grand Forks, start my job on May 17th.
Wow. I'm not sure how I'm going to do it all, but forgive me if I don't reply to emails ASAP!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home