I did it. I cancelled my cable. It took three customer service representatives, four warnings that the cost of my internet service will go up, 10 minutes on hold and 7-10 days to actually lose my channels, but it's done.
See, the reason I justified getting a TV (actually borrowing one from a friend) was to watch Dateline, 60 Minutes, The Fifth Estate, W5, etc. so I could get a feel for the genre.
Blech.
I spent my TV time watching Ellen, CSI (both the original and Miami) and staying up far too late to catch Jon Stewart on the Daily Show.
Nope, no W5, no 60 Minutes. Just pure brainless entertainment.
That's over now. I'm going to back to my TV-less existence in 7-10 days. It'll be sad when the cable finally goes out.
I gotta brave the 401 tomorrow for my final interview for my TV piece. You know, the one I'll have no idea how to do b/c I constantly switched off Dateline for CSI.
See, the reason I justified getting a TV (actually borrowing one from a friend) was to watch Dateline, 60 Minutes, The Fifth Estate, W5, etc. so I could get a feel for the genre.
Blech.
I spent my TV time watching Ellen, CSI (both the original and Miami) and staying up far too late to catch Jon Stewart on the Daily Show.
Nope, no W5, no 60 Minutes. Just pure brainless entertainment.
That's over now. I'm going to back to my TV-less existence in 7-10 days. It'll be sad when the cable finally goes out.
I gotta brave the 401 tomorrow for my final interview for my TV piece. You know, the one I'll have no idea how to do b/c I constantly switched off Dateline for CSI.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home