Mark this in your calendars, folks. I had a productive day. Of course, I didn't do anything that I actually NEEDED to get done, oh, like, um, my TV documentary. But I did apply for 2 jobs, 1 fellowship, and get confirmation on a few facts for my wee TV piece.
Some good vibes please for the job and award search. Thank you.
And now, I have the choice. I can either walk into the TV studio and spend a good 4 hours there getting work done. Or, I can go home, go to bed and wake up early to go running with my friend Becky. I'm choosing the latter.
Why?
B/c these pants aren't going to start fitting properly unless I get off my ass and do something about it. The pants started fitting funny in Thailand, when I ended up sitting a lot, in taxis, buses, trains, at desks, at home on the couch, etc. Then school started again and I sat more, looking at computer screens and books and newspapers.
Well enough I say.
No more sitting pretty.
Which means that I'll have to limit my time in the editing suites for fear that my butt will take the shape of the chair.
And, I had forgotten how much I like getting up really early and not seeing anyone on the streets. Feels a little apopalyptic but still cool.
Oh, and the running. Becky and I were training for a 10k race before Xmas but then we stopped running. Now we're hurting. We started our training last week and we're doing well so far. Not great, but well. We get to 20 minutes before we (mostly me) declare that we're done. Even though it's me stopping, I think Becky is secretly relieved.
And cable update: I no longer have my channels. Instead of taking 7-10 days to kill my channels, it only took 24 hours. Compare this to the 10 days it took to get a cable guy to set it up and we see how Rogers' priorities work.
Some good vibes please for the job and award search. Thank you.
And now, I have the choice. I can either walk into the TV studio and spend a good 4 hours there getting work done. Or, I can go home, go to bed and wake up early to go running with my friend Becky. I'm choosing the latter.
Why?
B/c these pants aren't going to start fitting properly unless I get off my ass and do something about it. The pants started fitting funny in Thailand, when I ended up sitting a lot, in taxis, buses, trains, at desks, at home on the couch, etc. Then school started again and I sat more, looking at computer screens and books and newspapers.
Well enough I say.
No more sitting pretty.
Which means that I'll have to limit my time in the editing suites for fear that my butt will take the shape of the chair.
And, I had forgotten how much I like getting up really early and not seeing anyone on the streets. Feels a little apopalyptic but still cool.
Oh, and the running. Becky and I were training for a 10k race before Xmas but then we stopped running. Now we're hurting. We started our training last week and we're doing well so far. Not great, but well. We get to 20 minutes before we (mostly me) declare that we're done. Even though it's me stopping, I think Becky is secretly relieved.
And cable update: I no longer have my channels. Instead of taking 7-10 days to kill my channels, it only took 24 hours. Compare this to the 10 days it took to get a cable guy to set it up and we see how Rogers' priorities work.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home