I've found the secret to NOT hating my job.
Stop thinking.
I come to work, turn off my brain, write stories, conduct interviews and in
general, pretend like hell that I'm not seeping gray matter onto my keyboard.
Since discovering that my editor hates confrontation as much as some people hate clowns, it's interesting how I can feel powerful
and helpless at the same time. I know that if I
do something wrong (in his opinion), I'll never
know about it until he threatens to fire me. A
little helpless feeling there. On the other hand,
I know I can freak him out by constantly
confronting him (in a nice way). If I keep asking
questions, bouncing ideas, etc. he might
eventually go nuts and quit from the constant
stress of actually having to do his job.
Now that's a happy thought.
Stop thinking.
I come to work, turn off my brain, write stories, conduct interviews and in
general, pretend like hell that I'm not seeping gray matter onto my keyboard.
Since discovering that my editor hates confrontation as much as some people hate clowns, it's interesting how I can feel powerful
and helpless at the same time. I know that if I
do something wrong (in his opinion), I'll never
know about it until he threatens to fire me. A
little helpless feeling there. On the other hand,
I know I can freak him out by constantly
confronting him (in a nice way). If I keep asking
questions, bouncing ideas, etc. he might
eventually go nuts and quit from the constant
stress of actually having to do his job.
Now that's a happy thought.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home