Falling Down Seven Times

Inconsistently writing about my life in particular since 2002.

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Busy, crazy weekend. I went into Trail/Rossland to find a place to live. I looked in Rossland first, since it's the next Banff and has a lot of cool little coffee shops. My price range for an apartment is pretty limited so I only had a couple of places to visit. And both of them were, well, let me describe it this way. If I was 19 and high all the time, I could probably live there and not notice how disgusting everything was. These places are definitely meant for the transient snowboarder types, not 30 something wannabe professional types.
But I finally found a place to live in Warfield, a town between Trail and Rossland. My roommate is a former Gazette reporter as well and coincidentally enough, was just looking for a roomie after renovating part of his house. I get my own bedroom and bathroom and share the rest of the house. It's a very cute house with all the amenities and located above the smog of Trail but out of the tourist zone of Rossland.
On Sunday, I did my first duathlon. It was a 5km run, 10km bike, 5km run, all off road. And of course, after a 6 week dry spell, the Sunshine Valley got a downpour that day. It was freezing cold and windy. But I finished the race, not dead last, and spent the rest of the day warming up in a hot tub and doing very little.
And this week, work is keeping me busy, I'm house and dog sitting for a friend on the weekend while trying to pack up my life and move next weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home