Falling Down Seven Times

Inconsistently writing about my life in particular since 2002.

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Yah Canada!

Not that it was much of a surprise, but Canada just won the World Junior Hockey gold medal. 6-1 against the Russians. And usually I don't really care that junior hockey exists but since there's been no professional hockey to not care about, I felt it was time to do a complete about face and actually watch some hockey. Plus, there's nothing better to do around these parts.
One more day of 'vacation' and I'm back to work. And it's going to be an interesting day b/c I'll be on cable TV in Grand Forks, as a panellist on the mayor's show. I'll be part of a small group of media people answering questions from the mayor of GF. He sent me a copy of the questions, and they're pretty softball type ones. You know, 'What do deadlines mean?' kind of thing. But his last question is so bizarre. It starts out with a history lesson about the Nazis and the Weimar Republic using the media to further their own agenda and get people elected that they could use as puppets and ends with a query about how ethical that is in today's media.
I think it's safe to say that when answering questions that involve Nazism and a comparison to modern small town BC life, it's best to say nothing and pretend you've gone deaf.
That's my plan for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home