Back from the brink
Hello 2005. How ya doin'? I'm back from my brief respite from my life in Trail. I took my first day off and did very little of anything. I walked the dog and shovelled the driveway. And then I watched the double threat of Dr. Phil and Oprah. And called it a day.
New Year's Eve: I drive to Windermere to spend a couple of days with Jenn and her family. Her parents are awesome. They made me some homecooked meals and gave me lots of wine to drink. Very good people. Jenn and I went out to Panorama to party with some of her friends that were there. The bar was OK and I played pool with a very nice accountant from Calgary and danced to the sweet reggae funk sounds of some band from Calgary. Everyone was from Calgary there. I think I was the only person with BC plates in the entire area.
Lots of fun had by all. And the only thing that bummed me out was the fact that I missed phone calls from my friend in Thailand...twice. Bummed.
Now I'm back in Trail and have the next three days off. I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do with those days, but since I'm broke, I'm guessing there's more Oprah and Dr. Phil in my future.
Or I'll just use the credit card and do something fun that I'll immediately regret next payday.
New Year's Eve: I drive to Windermere to spend a couple of days with Jenn and her family. Her parents are awesome. They made me some homecooked meals and gave me lots of wine to drink. Very good people. Jenn and I went out to Panorama to party with some of her friends that were there. The bar was OK and I played pool with a very nice accountant from Calgary and danced to the sweet reggae funk sounds of some band from Calgary. Everyone was from Calgary there. I think I was the only person with BC plates in the entire area.
Lots of fun had by all. And the only thing that bummed me out was the fact that I missed phone calls from my friend in Thailand...twice. Bummed.
Now I'm back in Trail and have the next three days off. I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do with those days, but since I'm broke, I'm guessing there's more Oprah and Dr. Phil in my future.
Or I'll just use the credit card and do something fun that I'll immediately regret next payday.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home