Falling Down Seven Times

Inconsistently writing about my life in particular since 2002.

Sunday, February 27, 2005

It's official.

I'm days away from moving back to Saskatchewan. I got a job as a reporter for a news talk radio station in Saskatoon. It's a huge move up, especially going from a town the size of Castlegar (7,000) to Toontown (>200 thousand). I have to say, I'm really looking forward to moving back to the city life. More than one movie theatre, live music, restaurants, traffic lights...it's all coming back to me. The job sounds really good too. I'm going to be on the city hall beat, working week days, no nights, no weekends. The company is a real broadcaster, so I'm excited about learning more about the whole process of commercial radio news. It should give me a real idea about whether or not journalism is really for me.
Had a great time this weekend as a final farewell. Went out for drinks with work friends on Friday night in Nelson. Warning: Nelson Faceplant beer causes nasty hangovers. Ran into some old friends from Saskatoon who were in town skiing. On Saturday, I helped a friend move into her new house in Rossland and then a bunch of us went to Ainsworth Hot Springs to soak it all away. So much fun.
Next time I post, I'll be in Saskatoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home