Winter is over.
Yup, that's the word from the local meteorologist. Except for a couple of snowfalls that'll last about an hour, we're done. So, the rain and fog and cloud will continue for the next couple of months. No sunshine. Apparently, you have to pay for the privilege of direct UV light by going up a chair lift or climbing a mountain to get above the clouds. That's the only way. I'm not sure if tanning beds would do the same thing, but I might have to try. I'm getting a little SAD sad with the greyness. Makes me think (among other reasons) that I might not be cut out for life in the mountains. Another reason is that I really don't like driving in fog. That's been the predominant road condition around here. Road's dry as a bone, but you just can't see 3 feet in front of you. Pleasant.
Work is going well. I think I'm getting the hang of the small town beat...though last week I was pretty much a slacker. There wasn't much going on...and I wasn't about to chase it down. I blame it on a couple of late nights. I have found some friends to hang with and have been missing my self-imposed early bed time in favour of hanging out late. Which I like, but it's a little draining.
Nothing big coming up in the next little while. Possible trip to Kelowna this weekend to spend some time with Lynn....and do some shopping!
Work is going well. I think I'm getting the hang of the small town beat...though last week I was pretty much a slacker. There wasn't much going on...and I wasn't about to chase it down. I blame it on a couple of late nights. I have found some friends to hang with and have been missing my self-imposed early bed time in favour of hanging out late. Which I like, but it's a little draining.
Nothing big coming up in the next little while. Possible trip to Kelowna this weekend to spend some time with Lynn....and do some shopping!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home