Falling Down Seven Times

Inconsistently writing about my life in particular since 2002.

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Failed Surprise

I zoomed into Saskatoon after supper time on Sunday to Greg and Kaylea's house and they had supper waiting for me. So sweet.
I had this whole surprise thing ready for Louise. First, i was going to get to her work and surprise her on lunch. They said she was up at the mine and would be flying in at 3:30. So, I was going to surprise her at the airport. But the flight was early and I missed her. Then, I called her, pretended I needed to mail her something and I needed her address. Great. She gave me an address. I go on Mapquest, figure it out and go out there. No one's home and it's a really big suburb house so I think, Hm, something's weird. I go next door to find out what's up. Turns out, it's Louise's parents' house and they're not home. The neighbours are nice enough to call Louise and find out her address under the pretense that they were going to stop by. While they were calling, I realized why there were so many nice flowers around the house. Turns out there was just a death in the family and these people were soooo nice in helping me find Louise. So, they give me directions to her house. But they were the wrong directions. I ended up in the shady part of town, wondering what I did to make all this go wrong. Finally, I just called Louise and told her I was in town and trying to surprise her. I went to her house and said hello. She was so funny, wondering what the hell I was trying to do with all this bad stealth stuff.
So, the bad news is that I didn't really surprise her, just make her wonder what's wrong with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home