Falling Down Seven Times

Inconsistently writing about my life in particular since 2002.

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Turn for the better

Things have certainly looked up lately. I've been busy with social events. Parties. With people inviting me to things. And staying up late. It's been fun. Halloween was a blast. It was the ulti gala night as well so tons of great people to hang out with. Only one major costume malfunction. My belly dancing skirt fell off, so had to use the pin from my top, only to have the top fall off and fix it with some tape from the sound guy at the bar we were at. Good times. And again, so many good people to hang out with.
This week in work: I anchored some of the week and I think I'm getting way better at it. But then, on the other hand, my supervisor asked me why I was just skating through the work and what can she do to motivate me. I mentioned that my days off will help my attitude thoroughly. But hey, I have been skating. My desire to think of stories to justify my existence is very low. That's the nature of the business though. And lately, I just haven't been in the mood.
Oh, and I asked a guy out on a date. Generally positive vibe, though no real plan to do anything. I have as much hope of this as my jaded brain allows...
Tomorrow is my birthday and I have absolutely no plans to celebrate, except to tell people it's my birthday and see how many spontaneous gifts I receive. OK, I'm not really going to do that. I might go for sushi...splurge on food rather than booze for a change. Plus, it's a Monday. What am I really going to do? And I really don't feel like celebrating. It's not like I hate the fact that I'm older or anything like that...I'm simply too lazy to plan anything or have anyone else plan anything for me. Lazy. It's the anti-birthday.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:57 AM, Blogger Naw Liang Savage said…

    Heh Suzanne!
    A happy (be-lated) birthday! How was it and what variations of debauchery did you get down (up?) to? I know you had a good time - period.
    The blog is looking good -- much better than mine -- and I completely agree with the 'personal rather than political' stance. I've tried my hand at blogs but, in my usual wannabe, pseudo-intellectual manner, it stinks. too flaky, too flowery and...yeah, phew and snore. Chiaki does a much better job chiaki's blog; she keeps it light and easy. I'll keep popping from time to time...you keep the posts coming.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home