Keeping it numb
Thanksgiving dinner was fantastic. My uncle put out quite the spread. Even better that he set up the dinner table in the same room as the TV so we could watch the football game as we ate (sound off, of course).
And in a stellar example of bad planning, less than twelve hours after we finished eating the big dinner, we were meeting at a hotel for brunch. The all-you-can-eat kind of brunch. It was insane. I think I stretched my stomach because I was constantly hungry for days afterwards.
Saw the Feist gig at Louis' last Tuesday. She was great and Jason Collett was even better. I even had a great time just chatting with people. I'm getting to the point where I actually know people here in town.
And my roommates are still great. They invite me out to do things all the time and I like to think it's because they actually enjoy my company, not just because it's so obvious that I have no life and a shortage of friends around here.
Tis the season of endless events...this week has me going out a few times and November is looking even busier. I like it. I've been non-busy for too long.
And as for work, well, I think the policy of 'less said the better' should still apply. Except for this. The CBC is back. Personally, I'm jumping for joy. Professionally, this just means a little bit more work to do to stay competitive. Because it's not about informing the masses, it's all about getting the story first. Don't let anyone tell you different.
And in a stellar example of bad planning, less than twelve hours after we finished eating the big dinner, we were meeting at a hotel for brunch. The all-you-can-eat kind of brunch. It was insane. I think I stretched my stomach because I was constantly hungry for days afterwards.
Saw the Feist gig at Louis' last Tuesday. She was great and Jason Collett was even better. I even had a great time just chatting with people. I'm getting to the point where I actually know people here in town.
And my roommates are still great. They invite me out to do things all the time and I like to think it's because they actually enjoy my company, not just because it's so obvious that I have no life and a shortage of friends around here.
Tis the season of endless events...this week has me going out a few times and November is looking even busier. I like it. I've been non-busy for too long.
And as for work, well, I think the policy of 'less said the better' should still apply. Except for this. The CBC is back. Personally, I'm jumping for joy. Professionally, this just means a little bit more work to do to stay competitive. Because it's not about informing the masses, it's all about getting the story first. Don't let anyone tell you different.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home