Falling Down Seven Times

Inconsistently writing about my life in particular since 2002.

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Ready for the CBC

This is one of the very few days that I'm actually proud of the work I've done in journalism. I just got home from putting on the finishing touches on a very long story about the questionable future of obstetric medicine at the local teaching hospital. Normally, I do three versions of every story. I put my voice on two and write one for the anchor to read. All have little clips of sound in them. They don't usually go over 40 seconds in length. The ones I just finished are a full minute and a half and would find their place on the CBC if they weren't locked out. My chest is fluffed out and I'm sitting straighter than usual. Is this what pride in your work feels like?
My job doesn't suck and I'm moving into a new apartment soon. This could very well be a turning point in my life in Toontown.
Yes, so I met these great people through ultimate and the first time I was at their apartment, I lusted after it. It's a beautiful three bedroom penthouse with a rooftop patio, near work. And my future roommates are awesome, interesting people who are about the same age as me and have similar attitudes. I'm really excited about it. My landlords said if they can find someone to move into my place, they will let me out Oct 1 or 15 and I won't have to wait. I'm going to miss living by myself but I'm really looking forward to not spending so much time alone.
Things I'm fascinated by this week but don't necessarily understand: 1. the UN reforms (read Gwynne Dyer's latest on that) and Kofi Annan's legacy. 2. why my iPod and my iBook are mirrored so closely that I can't erase songs on my computer w/out having them erased on my iPod. I thought the iPod was supposed to be like an extra hard drive! Grrr...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home