Strep is a four letter word
Trust me; with the way I felt this week, I really did think strep only had four words in it. Strep throat has been my reward for having way too much fun last weekend. It was the annual ulti tourney in town and I was playing with the awesomest team from Calgary, made up of a bunch of old friends and a few new ones. We played hard on Saturday, going 4-0 and having a great time doing it. It really renewed my faith in the sport, to play with such nice, fun people who really love the game. It's a big change from my latest league team, many of whom seem to view the game as a torture they have to endure twice a week. Yes, I've even considered quitting the team because it's become such a downer for me. That would mean I never get to play though...so I haven't pulled the cord just yet.
But back to the tournament...we played hard on Saturday and completely rocked the party at night. We dressed in either Pamela or Tommy Lee gear, after our team name, Stacked. I found my glittery halter top from Thailand and stuffed it to make quite a shelf...and discovered a new drinking trick whereby I put a beer on my 'shelf' and tip it back to drink. Good fun. But as we all know, too much beer and not enough beef is a bad idea. Party self came out and I ended up closing out the party with a few others. After a few hours of sleep, we hit the fields again. This time we werent' so successful and our run ended early. Apparently, we all partied a little too hard. It was a great day though and I have nothing but fun memories of last weekend. Hopefully that will carry me through a few weekends this summer.
As for plans for the rest of August, I'm hoping to road trip out to Winnipeg for a weekend. See some friends I've not seen for too long and maybe catch some of ulti nationals.
And the all important 'romance' update...well, I'm single. I was before, but there were possibilities. Now, there is nothing. Old and new friends alike have fallen by the wayside. Let the new possibilities come forth!
(Jeez, I've been watching too much Lord of the Rings...)
But back to the tournament...we played hard on Saturday and completely rocked the party at night. We dressed in either Pamela or Tommy Lee gear, after our team name, Stacked. I found my glittery halter top from Thailand and stuffed it to make quite a shelf...and discovered a new drinking trick whereby I put a beer on my 'shelf' and tip it back to drink. Good fun. But as we all know, too much beer and not enough beef is a bad idea. Party self came out and I ended up closing out the party with a few others. After a few hours of sleep, we hit the fields again. This time we werent' so successful and our run ended early. Apparently, we all partied a little too hard. It was a great day though and I have nothing but fun memories of last weekend. Hopefully that will carry me through a few weekends this summer.
As for plans for the rest of August, I'm hoping to road trip out to Winnipeg for a weekend. See some friends I've not seen for too long and maybe catch some of ulti nationals.
And the all important 'romance' update...well, I'm single. I was before, but there were possibilities. Now, there is nothing. Old and new friends alike have fallen by the wayside. Let the new possibilities come forth!
(Jeez, I've been watching too much Lord of the Rings...)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home