Lemonade
The past two weeks haven't been the best. First, the deathly illness that took a week before I felt relatively normal again. Then, a brief, fun respite over the weekend...and my car gets broken into. The stereo, CDs and golf discs are gone and surprisingly, I'm more upset over the golf discs getting stolen than anything else. I was pretty shocked by the whole thing since I've never been broken into before (I guess not having a car for a really long time helps that average.) But not having a stereo has pushed me to do something I've wanted to do for a long time. Buy an iPod. I've got my factory deck back in the car, and with an iPod, it will always go with me so I don't have to worry about it getting stolen. My income tax refund will be well spent.
But my golf discs...people are saying I should cruise the pawn shops to see if I can find them. I'm not sure if they made it that far. They're pretty worthless to people if they don't know what they are. I searched some of the dumpsters in the area but no luck.
I did the big cancer society relay on Friday night in Nipawin. Lots of people were out for the very good cause but at about 2 or 3 am I started thinking that it was getting pretty silly. Raising money for cancer research is all well and good but perhaps we should be addressing some of the causes of cancers instead of trying to find a cure. Like dealing with the environments we live in, the poisons we put in our body, the air we breathe. And maybe looking at the way we deal with death would help all of us to learn to accept our own mortality and that of those around us. Just a thought...
But my golf discs...people are saying I should cruise the pawn shops to see if I can find them. I'm not sure if they made it that far. They're pretty worthless to people if they don't know what they are. I searched some of the dumpsters in the area but no luck.
I did the big cancer society relay on Friday night in Nipawin. Lots of people were out for the very good cause but at about 2 or 3 am I started thinking that it was getting pretty silly. Raising money for cancer research is all well and good but perhaps we should be addressing some of the causes of cancers instead of trying to find a cure. Like dealing with the environments we live in, the poisons we put in our body, the air we breathe. And maybe looking at the way we deal with death would help all of us to learn to accept our own mortality and that of those around us. Just a thought...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home