Falling Down Seven Times

Inconsistently writing about my life in particular since 2002.

Saturday, June 18, 2005

Monsoon Season in Saskatchewan

Let's see...tornado watches across the province, one town gets 4 inches in 40 minutes, and I'm anchoring all afternoon. Fun stuff. Apparently the apocaplypse has come a little early to the prairies. It was such a hectic week, with death and destruction all over the planet, I'm feeling a little drained. I guess that's one of the parts of journalism I hate; the focus on death and the belief that it's the hard news...the important stuff. It's terribly sad to hear about it all day though. At least listeners can turn it off.
I just got home from a movie...Batman Begins. It was really, really good. Everything Batman should be...I never really enjoyed campy Batman. This is dark and thoughtful and not easy. And then I walk out of the theatre to pouring rain and the city looks a little Gothamite.
Tomorrow, I was thinking of playing in a hat tourney for the day...you know, get out, meet people but my heart just isn't in it. I think the weather is on my side. I'm going to try and get out tomorrow night for the cups tournament though, despite the fact that I have no partner. We'll see if I have the guts to go to the bar myself and see if I can find a new friend to play with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home