Trying not to bitch
I've actually had a lot of things to write about but most of them just start to sound like whining. Not even sound like, but definite whiny behaviour. They were about my job (I hate it, I get paid too little and I work too much), my romantic life (yet another case of my stupidity getting the better of my judgement) and my life in this city (whining about how tough it is to meet people and there are no mountains and I have no friends).
So, instead of whinging on and on about that, I bring you happy tidings from none other than Hurricane Katrina. All last week I wondered aloud why people weren't just walking out of New Orleans? Can't take a bus? Start hiking. That was my theory.
Then, I read an interview with one of the Canadians that finally managed to get out and he mentioned that no one wanted to walk through that sludge, especially with the snakes in the water. Because hey, it's Louisiana.
And then it all made sense...I would not walk through that water. No way, no how. I get it.
In other fun news, I went to the Pearl Jam concert last night. Kicked butt. Played three encores. At the second encore, they came out, Eddie with a bunch of papers, and explained they'd been writing a song for us. And they played their own version of 'Running Back to Saskatoon'. Awesome.
So, instead of whinging on and on about that, I bring you happy tidings from none other than Hurricane Katrina. All last week I wondered aloud why people weren't just walking out of New Orleans? Can't take a bus? Start hiking. That was my theory.
Then, I read an interview with one of the Canadians that finally managed to get out and he mentioned that no one wanted to walk through that sludge, especially with the snakes in the water. Because hey, it's Louisiana.
And then it all made sense...I would not walk through that water. No way, no how. I get it.
In other fun news, I went to the Pearl Jam concert last night. Kicked butt. Played three encores. At the second encore, they came out, Eddie with a bunch of papers, and explained they'd been writing a song for us. And they played their own version of 'Running Back to Saskatoon'. Awesome.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home