Falling Down Seven Times

Inconsistently writing about my life in particular since 2002.

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Computer is not looking attractive

According to some, I have caved and joined Facebook. Technically it is caving. But I prefer to think of it as spelunking. I'm simply exploring this little web phenomenon that seems to have replaced email, blogs, photo sites and everything else. It's pretty amazing when you think about it.
But my original feelings about it remain. I simply don't have the time to be on it every day. After a day of work on the computer, it is extremely rare that I feel like looking at the computer at home. Part of it is that it's summer and I'm spending way more time outside, I guess.
In other news, things have been crazy around here. I got a new job/promotion that starts in mid-July. I'm basically doing the same job but I'll be focussing strictly on two programs and it will be for Western and Northern Canada, rather than just southern Alberta. It's a brand new position, so I'm going to be making it up as I go along.
We're also moving to a sweet, new apartment in July. It's been completely renovated and has tons of storage. Cork flooring, stainless steel appliances; really nice stuff. I'm almost nervous about living in such a nice place! But, as Dave said, I can muddy up my side of the apartment if that makes me feel better.
And all I can think about is when I get to see Dave again. He's been working for the past 6 weeks and I can't wait to see him with my own eyes, to make sure he's doing OK and that his shoulder is holding up.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:40 PM, Blogger KneuroKnut said…

    I feel like I'm missing something here as fas as your Facebook concerns go. Since when does work computing preclude Facebook. I'm on Facebook and gmail all day...while doing my work. Don't touch the stuff after hours really...:)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home