National Geographic
We checked off another destination on our Calgary road trip list this weekend. Yes, we're at the Okotoks Erratic, otherwise known as the Big Rock. It's a giant quartzite rock that a glacier left, like a big piece of rock litter. This litter is now a wee tourist attraction south of Calgary, and like the wee tourists we are, we took a number of photos. Please enjoy.


2 Comments:
At 10:34 PM,
The Commisioner and McKay said…
That is clearly not an "erratic". (There was no Ice Age, that's a plot - and another story).
It is clearly an Incan menhir marking the northern most limits of their civilization. Notice how tight the joints are in the rock? I'll bet that you could not slip a piece of paper between any two rocks, so precise is the workmanship. Clearly Incan and clearly worthy of National Geographic.
Cheers, and Good Mental Health
As for beverages, I am partial to Hemlock
At 8:42 AM,
Naw Liang Savage said…
National Geographic? Nah, shoot for the stars - I hear that Ok! Magazine (a staple here in the UK) is always looking for glossies...
Heh Suz, what's shaking?
It's been a while (as per) and, instead of another email, I thought that a comment might be in order. Glad that someone is keeping up their blogging as mine has gone the way of that glacier. Take it easy and talk soon.
Colin
Post a Comment
<< Home