Mislaid Plans
The weekend started with a disappointing bang. I was supposed to go for an early morning ride on Saturday but Thursday night, my back brakes started squealing. I'd been trying to fix my brakes for a week but due to my own ignorance and bad luck, I kept getting the wrong parts. I know; it's a bike. There's not that many parts.
Nevertheless, it was 11pm on Friday night, I'd had about half of a bottle of Bordeaux and I was attempting to fix my brakes in time for an 8am pick-up.
Things I learned: wine does not improve my spatial reasoning or my digital agility; Friday nights are not the best time to do bike repairs, and; you cannot will your bike to fix itself.
The disappointments continued, with no turn out for pick-up ultimate, despite a fantastically sunny day. And today, I was supposed to take my friend's dog for a run with a bunch of other dogs, and the friend didn't even bother to pick up his phone to say that the dog (or he) wasn't available. Oh well, I guess you can never count on loaner dogs.
Nevertheless, it was 11pm on Friday night, I'd had about half of a bottle of Bordeaux and I was attempting to fix my brakes in time for an 8am pick-up.
Things I learned: wine does not improve my spatial reasoning or my digital agility; Friday nights are not the best time to do bike repairs, and; you cannot will your bike to fix itself.
The disappointments continued, with no turn out for pick-up ultimate, despite a fantastically sunny day. And today, I was supposed to take my friend's dog for a run with a bunch of other dogs, and the friend didn't even bother to pick up his phone to say that the dog (or he) wasn't available. Oh well, I guess you can never count on loaner dogs.


1 Comments:
At 11:14 AM,
Paineroo said…
I have a dog you can use as a loaner any time you like, Suz.
Post a Comment
<< Home