Crosswords and such
I wanted to post a link to a Margaret Somerville article in yesterday's Globe but I can't be bothered to spend that much time looking for it. Mostly because I'm torn. I want you to read it so you can be as grumpy as me about how many column inches the Globe gives to this woman. But she has been feted in so many ways by so many institutions and I don't know why.
Basically, she is against same-sex marriage. And her reasons? It's all about the children, baby. Opposite-sex marriage is all about procreation, so it should be protected as marriage while same-sex marriage is not about procreation, so it shouldn't be marriage. Civil unions are OK though. As Dave says, it's hard to construct a logical framework to argue what is essentially a preference.
Basically, she is against same-sex marriage. And her reasons? It's all about the children, baby. Opposite-sex marriage is all about procreation, so it should be protected as marriage while same-sex marriage is not about procreation, so it shouldn't be marriage. Civil unions are OK though. As Dave says, it's hard to construct a logical framework to argue what is essentially a preference.


1 Comments:
At 1:30 PM,
rainswept said…
Dave ran this us the flagpole - all modern "moral" discourse lacks a framework - and I saluted it.
Anyone else?
Post a Comment
<< Home