Falling Down Seven Times

Inconsistently writing about my life in particular since 2002.

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Starting with a cough and a sniffle

Current obsession: Bust a Move or Puzzle Bobble. I found a flash version of my favourite arcade game, Bust a Move, and am playing it obsessively. My eyes are burning. And I've got Dave hooked on a German version of it, Bubbels. He got me hooked on Dice Wars though, so all's fair.
The holidays were lots of fun. We spent almost 2 weeks in Saskatoon and were lucky enough to be able to housesit for a friend for almost the entire time. It was great to have our own space. And even better, the house came equipped with the entire Buffy the Vampire Slayer TV series on DVD. New obsession. Unfortunately, I had to leave Buffy in Saskatoon, but Dave has mentioned that it's a possibility that Buffy might end up here sometime soon. Mostly because he's a huge fan of Buffy. The girl, not the series.
Over the holidays we managed to see a lot of friends and family. It was one of those holidays where we weren't super busy, but busy enough to fill up all of our days with little effort. We were exhausted by the time we got home on New Year's Day and I was terribly ill. Like a lot of people at work, I managed to catch some horrible bug just before 2007 rang in. I took some cold meds to make it through NYE but the ride back to Calgary was not fun.
It's good to be back in Calgary though. I really forgot how cold it was on the prairies. Probably why I got sick; I was completely underdressed and always cold for 10 days.
Now 2007 has got a lot to live up to. 2006 was pretty fantastic. It's almost a year since Dave and I got together. I found a great job. I'm expecting 2007 to improve on a winning formula, as they say.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Aha, bonny lass!

    So ye are the she of the great Mr. Daviditron! I am a great admirer of Mr. Daviditron's outstanding prose and would advocate that he apply his great skill with metaphors to use as a published critic or novelist.

    Excuse my boldness and rudeness! I did not introduce myself!

    "The Commisioner (note strategic misspelling) and McKay", Gentleman Scholar and Farmer of Volterra, Italia presents his regards. However, I hail originally from Edinburgh and as a wee lad, my dear auld granny would fix me a soup of chicken, barley, garlic, peppercorns, carrots, turnips, potatoes and onions whenever I got a case of the sniffles.

    With that advice I shall bid you adieu and wish you good mental health.

    Oh how I wish we had won the Battle of the Masts.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home